You can create this look in just a few simple steps.
Gather your supplies. For this project you will need clear glass cylinder vases, faux orchids (we choose a Phalaenopsis orchid in fuchsia), vase filler, LED party lights, floating candles, wire cutters, a lighter, and a pitcher of water.
1. For the first step you will need to measure the stem against the vase. Hold it up to the outside of the vase and use your wire cutters to clip off the access stem. Place the flower in the vase to make sure it fits. Keep in mind that you will be adding several inches of vase filler so leave one or two inches at the top of the vase. The faux orchids are on a wire stem so you can bend it a little to fit or cut off any additional stem. After you are happy with the length of the flower in the vase you can remove it and set it aside.
2. Cover the bottom of the containers with vase filler. We choose crushed glass but you could use sand, shells, pearls, stones, etc.
3. Add your lights. We used white non-blinking mini party lights. Make sure you choose carefully when you are purchasing the lights for this project. Double check that they are waterproof and have a long battery life so that they stay illuminated throughout your event.
4. Place the flower back in the container and fill with water.
* Tip: When using silk flowers for a submersible arrangement, it is recommended that you do a trial run before your event. Submerse your choosen flower in water for 24 hours before you make your centerpieces. This way you will know if the dye used in the flower will run. One way to prevent this is to coat the flower with a protective spray. However, we still recommend the 24 hour trail run with our without the protective coating.
5. When you have your vases arranged on the table, add the floating candle and light it.
Voilà! You now have a stunning centerpiece that will wow all of your guests.