makes 2 servings
- 1 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 Tbsps fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsps chopped green onions, chopped
- 1 can spring water tuna, drained
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced + zest
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of Ezekiel, high quality gluten-free, OR rye bread
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Toast the bread if desired.
- In a shallow dish add chickpeas, avocado, and mash them together with a fork.
- Add in the cilantro, green onion, tuna, lemon juice and zest, sea salt, and pepper to taste, then stir until well combined.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of mixture onto each slice of toast, then cut in half + smash together nicely, and arrange them in glass containers as shown. In the remaining space add in 1/2 cup berries into each.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Enjoy!