If you’re not getting enough sleep, your eyes may look tired, puffy, and saggy. Even if you ARE getting enough sleep, our eyes will start to droop with age, but this homemade intensive eye cream can fix all of that without all the harmful ingredients. The problem with store bought eye creams is that they contain SO many harmful ingredients, which after a while can really affect your skin. This homemade intensive eye cream contains only the richest, most hydrating ingredients to target tired, puffy looking eyes. Use it just once and you’ll see a huge difference!
Homemade Intensive Eye Cream Recipe
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 1 1/2 tsp rosehip oil
- 4 drops geranium essential oil
- In a clean jar, add all ingredients except for the rosehip and geranium essential oils.
- Fill a pot with water and place onto the stove top. Place the mason jar into the water, making sure no water gets in.
- Over medium heat, melt all the ingredients in the jar, for about 6 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- Once ingredients have melted, remove the jar from the pot, careful not to burn yourself.
- Pour your mixture into another bowl and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add in your rosehip and geranium essential oils and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar or a tin and use underneath the eyes and on the eyelids every night before bed.
Benefits of Homemade Intensive Eye Cream:
Shea Butter stimulates collagen production, prevents wrinkles and fine lines, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles after just a few uses. Shea butter also helps with puffiness and reduces irritation.
Coconut Oil is full of fatty acids which plump up the skin. It boosts circulation and keeps the skin supple, firm, and strong.
Rosehip oil and geranium oil are both used extensively in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines as well as preventing them.
Use every night before bed for younger looking eyes!